Handling IT business from newbuild to commissioning.
About the project
In December 2011, Det norske oljeselskap ASA awarded Maersk Drilling a LoA for a Jack-up rig for Ivar Aasen development project. This rig is a CJ-70 ultra harsh environment jack-up rig, XL Enhanced 2, constructed in Singapore.
Option were asked to join this project in 2012 to handle IT related business in regards to Det norskes operations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). As Det norske is an active operator on NCS with extensive experience in drilling operations and Option have experience in IT operations, the initial technical plans and requirements quickly set a scope of work.
The Maersk interceptor design (CJ-70) is one of the largest jack-up drilling rig´s in the world. Designing IT infrastructure and services weere one of the main tasks that Option handled for Det norske. The Scope of Work´s (SoW) key features/requirements:
- Video conference systems
- Offshore operation and collaboration room
- Service and 3rd party company interfacing
- Office IT equipment (PC´s, Printers, monitors etc.)
- Server infrastructure and services
- Data room services and design
- Network infrastructure
Due to the fact that this vessel was built in Singapore, Option had to be on location together with Det norske, Maersk and other companies. This was to esure the project progressed as scheduled. As the SoW were wide and the requirements and design were to be based on a long lifetime for both equipment and services, Option provided a complete package for services and equipment, as well as design changes to the planned offices and living quarters area on the rig.
Option based the delivery on:
- A core infrastructure of servers, networks, IT equipment and services for long life and operations expectancy
- Remote work station setup with our proprietary system DESKVIEW™ infrastructure and our own Rack Workstations
- Due to space issue, we provided a silent rack solution for DESKVIEW™ located in an open landscape area
- Offshore Operations Room with DESKVIEW™, Video conference and interfaced network and workstations
- Interfacing and interconnecting network and services between third party companies, service companies and Det norske
- All expected office IT equipment and services
- Wireless network access for users in office landscape
- Full information synchronization between onshore and offshore based on our SYNCSHARE™ system
- Data room design and project management for service companies / third party companies
- IT project management and advisory for Det norske and other contractors
- MEDICALL™ Telemedicine solution for the vessel's hospital
The project phase in Singapore was based on planning and deciding the best solution for Det norske. This phase was finished in April of 2014. The equipment installation and service commissioning was completed at Yeard outside Stavanger, Norway as of late 2014.
The project was delivered within the time frame and cost given and estimated. The project was handed over to Option Service and Operations team to manage and operate all equipment and services on behalf of Det norske.
Option guarantee 99.7% up-time for services in our RigIT concept. The actual up-time for this vessel is actually closer to 100%.